ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Energy and Sustainability team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
Reporting to the Project Manager, Energy & Sustainability, the Project Coordinator will bring skills necessary to deliver the intellectual analysis, ability to define solutions for our internal and external customers and to support our business development efforts in a customer facing role.
- Conducting energy audits and developing energy management plans for client facilities
- Conducting sustainable life cycle assessments
- Provide technical support and guidance on sustainability concepts and projects such as energy efficiency, water efficiency, onsite generation, energy storage, smart building technologies, waste management, material selection, high performance HVAC systems, ventilation and IAQ, lighting, etc.
- Provide general communications support, including participating in the development of communications plans
- Provide general business development support, including participating in response to RFPs.
- Support the nurturing and maintaining of key client relationships, cultivating a trusted partner status
- Provide wide-ranging and innovative sustainability consulting advice that differentiates B&M’s service offering
- Identify and pursue funding streams for innovation on suitable projects
- Support specific sales, proposal and project efforts with a focus on the growth of the ESS Team
- Develop new business
- Consistently meet a variety of key performance indicators and performance targets for the ESS Team
- Project Management
- Interact with client, staff, client principals, architects, engineers, contractors, industry representatives, facility managers and construction trades
- Demonstrated change management/ change enabler
- Excellent people, team and client communication and management skills
- Demonstrated Business Development skills
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Passionate about climate change mitigation, resiliency, sustainable design and management and energy management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science/Engineering, Sustainability Management or related field
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 1-3 years of experience in the fields of sustainability management, energy management, consulting and/or sustainable facilities management
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of building science, HVAC, construction practices, lighting systems, facility control systems, smart building technologies and energy management strategies
- Experience in facility energy efficiency and resiliency, renewable and energy storage systems, GHG emissions management
- Proficiency with RETScreen Expert software
- Familiarity with energy management software
- Energy analytics skills will be an asset
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.