ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Power Generation team is growing! The Superintendent position is located at our office located in Tiverton, Ontario and reports directly to the Project Manager.
Located on the designated project site the Superintendent is to manage, supervise, and provide direction on trades construction activities to General Foreman, Foreman and workers in the trade under the direction of the Project Manager. Provides direction to support staff as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the safety and quality of the daily activities
- Takes direction from the Project Manager
- Direct and organize construction trades activities
- Supervises the day to day activities for all the General Foreman, Foreman, and workers in the trade supporting the outage. May include supervision of other support staff such as Holders of Record and Work Coordinators
- Provide input to the development of the project budget , schedule and risk , scope and project execution methodology plans
- Establish methods to manage scheduled work and provide daily work status reporting or more frequently as required to stakeholders.
- Looks ahead and oversees the planning, scheduling, and estimating of future work ensuring required resources, tools, and materials are organized and ready when required.
- Communicate project status, including any anticipated issues and cost or schedule variances to relevant project team members
- Ensure all site activities are in compliance with Health and Safety program, QA/QC program and PGR managed system
- Complete on-going project documentation and contribute to regular project reporting
- Maintains a Harassment free work place
- Ensures staffs are trained and qualified
- Recommend resource staffing strategies such as hiring’s and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed and enforced
- Communicates effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Holds self and Others Accountable (proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload)
- Problem Solving and Innovation (Strong analytical and critical thinking skills)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment)
- Completion of secondary school
- Completion of a college program in related field is an asset
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years construction experience as a General Foreman across various trades projects of similar complexity
- A Nuclear Security Clearance must be achieved for employment on site
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Shall be a competent person as defined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Ensure the Nuclear Safety Traits are discussed, understood, and applied at all levels of the organization.
- Follow the Clients QA program or B&M quality program as expected and ensure the programs are adhered to.
- Manage the execution of discipline construction activities in accordance with contract requirements
- Manage subcontractors that we contract work to as per B&M Sub-Contract management program.
- Manage procedure use and adherence along with document control of construction documents at the field site
- Any non-conformance issues are prevented from progressing and all required reporting is made to the appropriate levels.
- Analytical with strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of applicable laws, government regulation and documentation requirements to the role
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Computer Literacy; MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- A Client Security Clearance will be required