Black & McDonald’s Power Generation team is growing! The Payroll Clerk position is located at our office located in Tiverton, Ontario.
The Payroll Clerk supports the Project Control and Finance/Payroll departments to ensure that the site employee’s hours including salary, hourly and contract staff hours, worked is recorded accurately and on-time. The Payroll Clerk will collect and organize timesheets to ensure time recorded is within the parameters of the Agreement between the company and the customer.
Billing to our client using JD Edwards software to align with weekly timesheet summaries to ensure accurate and timely performance, meeting required deadlines.
The Payroll Clerk must check payroll data related to overtime, as well as authorized signatures from managers or supervisors and our client.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the timely and accurate collection and reporting of timesheet data and summaries
- Reconcile daily hours worked to expected hours and note any deviations
- Ensure billing rate accuracy on weekly and monthly reports and billing
- Maintain accuracy in financial information by adopting proper policies and establishing or maintaining internal controls.
- Effectively detect issues, and resolve variances through observation of trends, comparison to standards and recommendation of appropriate corrective actions.
- Assist in the production required reports, timesheet summaries, and related metrics
- Monitor workflows to ensure all transactions are processed accurately and in compliance
- Respond to inquiries; maintain good internal and external customer relations
- Generate billing work file, auditing discrepancies between weekly timesheet summaries and monthly billing
- Work closely with the payroll clerk and cost analysts to ensure accurate and timely billing
- Generate outstanding billing, account receivables and payment reports on a monthly basis
- Reconcile gross margin reports to billings
- Review non-billable entries to ensure should not be billed
- Back up and support duties of co-workers as required
- Complete other projects, reporting and tasks as assigned
- Communicates effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Holds self and Others Accountable (proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload)
- Problem Solving and Innovation (Strong analytical and critical thinking skills)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment)
- Completion of secondary school
- Completion of a college program in related field, such as finance or administration, is required
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 2-3 years’ working experience in an office environment, preferably within a financial or accounting capacity
- 1-2 years of Timekeeping or Payroll experience in a nuclear/construction (or related) environment is preferred
- A Nuclear Security Clearance must be achieved for employment on site
- JD Edwards software experience is preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Shall be a competent person as defined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Analytical with strong problem solving skills
- Effective Communication, Presentation and Written skills
- Knowledge of applicable laws, government regulation and documentation requirements to the role
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to change
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Computer Literacy; MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- A Client Security Clearance will be required