ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Business Development team is growing! If you are a committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Business Development Coordinator is located in Winnipeg, MB and typically reports directly to the Division Manager. This position requires some travel to support Black & McDonald’s Western Utilities Division in the province of Manitoba. The primary focus is supporting the overall business development and growth initiatives of the department.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Takes lead role in generation and submittal of proposals
- Assist in the development of strategies for profitable penetration into new or existing market segments in a geographic area
- Act as technical advisor for business development matters
- Establish and maintain working relationships with internal/external customers and work with targeted external customers to determine product/solutions requirements
- Assume lead role in business generation and deal leads
- Establish distribution networks for products and services, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings, assist in product development, and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies
- Assist in the development of business development guidelines and for newly proposed initiatives
- Assist in the development of pricing list, catalogues and marketing literature; prepare quotations, reports and perform
- Supports all aspects relating to proposal and presentation development and special client deliverables as they relate to all client stages from prospecting, implementation to account management. As assigned, handles proposal, presentation, and client deliverable development from end-to-end.
- Works closely with division managers and estimators to compile, develop, assess and maintain appropriate proposal exhibits, appendices, project profiles and illustrative documents, keeping them current and ensuring materials are well organized and easily accessible.
- Works with division managers and estimators and other colleagues, to develop content, writing, researching, designing, packaging and conducting quality assurance before delivering world class proposals - always ensuring accuracy and conformance with Black & McDonald’s approach to business and brand guidelines.
- Works closely with business subject matter experts to collect and/or develop appropriate proposal intelligence on our business strategy aligned with customer benefits.
- Works with senior staff members to manage feedback that goes beyond the standard boilerplate response to achieve specific, relevant responses that showcase our understanding of the industry, business, our strategy and why this matters to them.
- Facilitate collaboration amongst existing estimation teams and provide visionary leadership
- As needed, handles formatting and electronic and print production for client deliverables related to business development pursuits.
- Assists of detailed review of estimates, proposals and market strategies
- Maintains and updates project profiles and key company information that may be required to be included in proposals / pursuits.
- Keen eye for consistency and punctuality of proposals
- Strong interpersonal skills, displaying superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Coaches and Develops
- Maximizes Business Performance and Team Effectiveness
- Strategic Perspective
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Marketing, Business, or related discipline
The following certifications/designations are considered an asset
- PMP designation
- Gold Seal Certification
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience in the construction field
- Experience with proposals, financials and project development
- Strong marketing, presentation, and relationship-building skills.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Advanced knowledge and understanding of:
- Advanced in Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Visio, and other graphics applications (e.g., Adobe Acrobat, etc).
- Fully versed in Microsoft Excel
- Basic in Microsoft Project (e.g. able to build simple work breakdown structures)
- Solid time management and organizational skills
- Organization and time management
- Willing and able to travel for business development activities
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s License
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.