ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Western Utilities team is growing! If you are an independent, enthusiastic, and driven professional searching for an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Project Manager must reside in Canada, will be assigned to the Edmonton LRT Project, is located on site and reports directly to the Project Lead.
Project Managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate assigned project(s) from start to finish and in accordance with schedule, specifications and budget. Their primary focus is safety, planning, monitoring progress, scheduling, quality, costs management, estimating, reporting, and managing project change under the direction of the project’s senior leadership. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership for assigned project in regards to cost, schedule, quality, safety, and contract performance
- Establish project, procedures and performance standards as per company policy and contract specifications
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with all stakeholders including Black & McDonald team members, clients, consultants, joint venture partners, trades, subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, and the community, while keeping them informed of relevant information
- Plan, prepare, monitor, and manage construction schedule and milestones
- Ensure work is performed in compliance with applicable standards – ie. HSE regulations, company policies and procedures, and contract requirements
- Monitor and report on progress, labour productivity, work outcomes, budget, cost, and forecast
- Prepare and submit project estimates and price/negotiate all changes in scope as required
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers, subcontractors, and consultants
- Review work/contracts/WIP for areas of risk and correct deficiencies
- Ensure material and equipment are available to tradespersons
- Ensure monthly cost forecasting and checklists are completed accurately and on time
- Ensure accurate productivity reports are completed weekly.
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Coaches and Develops
- Maximizes Business Performance and Team Effectiveness
- Strategic Perspective
An education in:
- Project Management
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Construction Management
- A Red Seal Electrical Journeyperson or Master Electrician
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years of Project Management experience working on electrical projects
- Designing and or construction Street lighting and traffic signals would be an asset.
- Experience on LRT projects would be an asset.
- 3-5 years Practical Field experience would be considered an asset.
- Experience working in City of Edmonton Street lighting and Traffic Signals would be considered an asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Intermediate knowledge and understanding of:
- Construction estimation, scheduling, planning, and execution
- Project design interpretation
- Business operations processes
- Organization and time management
Intermediate user of:
- JD Edwards or an Oracle-based ERP system is an asset
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)
- Primavera (P6) would be an asset
- AutoCAD, Bluebeam
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with accessibility accommodation requirements.
Accessibility accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.