ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Fabrication, Engineering and Design team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Manager of Fabrication, Engineering and Design is located in Scarborough and Provides superior leadership and management to the Pipe and Custom Steel Fabrication, Engineering and Design team in accordance with Black & McDonald’s core values, policies, procedures, and objectives. The Manager for Black & McDonald Limited’s Fabrication, Engineering and Design operation typically reports directly to the Regional Vice President and is responsible for the regional fabrication, engineering, and design business volume in its totality including, estimating, proposals, business development / sales, strategic marketing strategies, client relationships, people and resources, profit/loss outcomes, etc.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Dedication and accountable for successful estimating and tendering activities with respect to pipe fabrication resulting in a strong client pipeline
- Prepare and present proposals / quotations, marketing material, and supply contracts
- Responsible and accountable for reporting a current prospective client list and monthly pipeline outlining quotation attainment and sales probability.
- Provide general leadership to the fabrication team, estimating and proposal review / oversight, ensuring clear and consistent accountability for annual goals and objectives designed to successfully grow a new and recurring client base
- Coordinate service and project planning between customer representatives and Black & McDonald’s pipe and custom steel fabrication team to set expectations, ensure identification of appropriate design criteria, product requirements, manufacturing, schedules, target pricing, annual volumes and other considerations.
- Work closely with senior management to establish strategic marketing plans by assessing growth opportunities, competitive landscape analysis, and understanding construction and fabrication market demand / needs.
- Consistently execute and deliver on agreed sales quotations and targets annually.
- Responsible for unit and dollar value forecasting monthly / quarterly
- Canvass new customers in an effort to promote the company’s fabrication and design service and travel to new accounts as necessary
Key Result Areas
The following key result areas will be identified during the annual planning process resulting in the establishment and quarterly review of objectives:
- Health, Safety, and Environment
- Planned Growth and Profitability
- Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty
- Continuous Improvement Culture
- Employee Satisfaction and Loyalty
- Business Development / Sales
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Coaches and Develops
- Strategic Perspective
Degree or Diploma in
- Engineering, Estimation, Marketing, Business/Business Development or related discipline
- MBA is considered an asset
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Extensive and advanced knowledge of established fabrication practices / procedures is considered an asset
- Minimum of 10 years of fabrication experience in a leadership capacity in the construction and / or pipe and steel fabrication industry.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Extensive experience with estimating, proposals, financials (profit / loss outcomes), reporting, and project development
- Strong presentation, and relationship-building skills.
- Success translating business strategies into pursuit strategies and supporting tools/processes
- Proven ability to drive the pursuit and tendering process
Proficient user of:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)
- Willing and able to travel for business development activities
- Valid Driver’s License in Ontario or equivalent
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.