ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald Limited is seeking a Service Plumber at our location in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. The successful candidate will maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot, and repair hydronic systems, service plumbing fixtures, sewer and domestic water lines.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot, and repair hydronic systems, service plumbing fixtures, sewer and domestic water lines, to manufacturer and company specifications.
- Complete digital work orders, detailed reports and daily digital time summaries.
- Ensure safe working conditions are enforced and strictly adhered to in accordance to company policy.
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years’ experience in service plumbing and hydronic systems for commercial / residential sites.
- Steam Fitting Service would be considered an asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Red Seal Plumbing Certification
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Secret Security Clearance, as well as other site-specific clearances
- Experience using mobile technologies would be an asset
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to read and work from mechanical schematics, electrical schematics, line drawings, etc
- Strong mechanical ability and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to meet deadlines