Black & McDonald’s Nuclear Services team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
Junior Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible to support the QA Manager to ensure effective implementation of the Black & McDonald management system documents. The Jr. Quality Assurance Specialist serves as an internal consultant to lead, define, administer and develop quality assurance and quality control practices designed to drive standardization and ultimately high quality results. This position requires the ability to audit existing processes against written procedures, as well as to identify improvements to process/procedures in effort to continually improve the quality of our product or service. Solid judgment and resourcefulness is needed to effectively deal with multiple, highly variable factors and conflicting priorities of various departments and customers. The Junior QA Specialist may need to lead, participate and report on incident investigations. The Junior QA Specialist interacts with all levels of the company as the Quality Management System encompasses all areas of our business.
The Junior QA Specialist position is a 1 year contract opportunity.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the development, establishment and enforcement of Black & McDonald’s management system documents and certifications.
- Assistance in the development of procedures and instructions which conform to the specified requirements.
- Coordinating, supporting and tracking to closure corrective actions that are raised by internal/ external audits or regulatory inspections.
- Lead surveillances assigned by the QA Manager or QA Director.
- Provide input for QA program improvement processes and activities.
- Interfacing with designated client and external personnel and agencies.
- Support in the development of project documents such as PQP’s, instructions and procedures as required.
- Progress monitoring and reporting
- Conduct Supplier and Internal Quality Audit
- Perform other duties as required
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Completion of Bachelors Degree, College Diploma or other related post-secondary education
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 3 years of previous QA/QC experience
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint)
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Able to learn new systems and processes advanced computer literacy
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, multi deadline, team oriented environment
- Sense of urgency and ownership over assigned tasks
- Ability to multi-task and with strong problem identification and resolution skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Self-motivated individual with proven initiative
- Operates with integrity, discretion and maintains confidentially at all times
- Security clearance requirements