ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Mechanical Construction team is growing! If you are an independent, enthusiastic, and driven professional searching for an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The AutoCAD Technician is located in Ottawa, Ontario and typically reports directly to the Mechanical Construction Division Manager.
- Work with and prepare detailed diagrams, plans, drawings, reports and presentations
- Coordinate, assess, and organize the work of various projects
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) software and other resources to design the systems required for various projects
- Assist with the identification and resolution of field technical issues
- The successful candidate may be required to perform other duties as assigned
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- A College Diploma in Construction or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Technology or a University Degree in Engineering
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years’ experience in the construction industry would be an asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in drafting practices for mechanical and electrical building systems
- Knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications and building material
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Project and Outlook
- Proficiency in design software
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.