ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Ottawa team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Project Coordinator is located in Ottawa and typically reports directly to the Division Manager. Their primary focus is to assist with overall project performance, including the management of costs, schedule, qualities, and overall project status, while maintaining excellent relationships with trades, subcontractors, and clients. They will keep the Project Managers informed of questions, progress, discrepancies in project process, and any other issues which would impact the plan and schedule.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Project Manager to ensure project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards are in accordance with company policy and contract specifications are met
- Assist in planning and preparing construction schedules and milestones, and monitor progress against established timelines
- Assist in preparing contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Assists in budget analysis, cost and margin projections, estimate project changes and impacts
- Assist in developing and implementing quality control programs
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Trade and subcontractor coordination
- Document control
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Construction Technical Diploma or Engineering Degree (i.e. civil or mechanical), and/or equivalent trade experience and knowledge
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 1-2 years’ experience within a Project Coordinator role.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Intermediate knowledge and understanding of:
- Basic knowledge of the construction industry
- Planning and scheduling skills
- Understanding of project forecasting and projections
- Ability to read drawings and project/structural design interpretation
- Competency in basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office products
- Dispute resolution and negotiation skills
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Strong ability to problem solve and work efficiently within a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
Proficient user of:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)
- JD Edwards or an Oracle-based ERP system
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.