Black & McDonald’s Inside Electrical Division in Kansas City is Growing! The Project Manager will work out of our Kansas City, MO office, and typically reports directly to the Division Manager of the Inside Electrical Division. The Project Manager is responsible for our Industrial & Heavy Commercial work, which includes estimates, project management, coordination with our Foreman, billings, working with our existing and new clients, and costs management.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities;
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships to enhance competitiveness in the Inside Electrical Industry and promote good customer relationships.
- Monitor Inside Electrical Construction and Maintenance budget estimates.
- Plan and prepare schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules.
- Key activities include business development, estimating, material management, subcontractor relationships, production and general supervision.
- Oversee contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients.
- Supervise the activities of subcontractor and our labor activities
- Strong emphasis placed on safety.
- Perform visits to potential and existing accounts to generate business.
- Review work/contracts/WIP for areas of risk and correct deficiencies.
- Travel- 30%
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or Higher Level of Learning – preferred Electrical Engineering Degree
- 5 - 10 Years of experience in Industrial Electrical Work – Motor Controls, Manufacturing, Sub-Stations, Water Treatment Facilities
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Experience
- Familiar with BHS Estimator
- Design Experience is a plus
- Ability to take-off plans to build an estimate
- Exceptional customer service skills
- In Touch with current trends in the Industrial and Commercial Electrical Market
- References from current or previous employers