We are growing!
The Facilities Management group at Black and McDonald Limited is growing. We are currently recruiting for the role of Journeyman Plumber- Service.
Black & McDonald Limited is actively seeking a Journeyman Plumber-Service located in Lester B. Pearson International Airport to maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot and repair all HVAC equipment within the Airport and grounds to achieve optimum life span of equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement & maintain predictive planned maintenance duties
- Disassemble, repair, and reassemble existing mechanical equipment; install new equipment, gas lines, refrigerants lines, etc. retrofits, repairs
- Responding to customers plumbing needs in emergencies
- Complete work orders, deficiency reports, field quotations, estimates and daily time summaries in a timely fashion
- Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components
- Measure, cut and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment
- Perform routine maintenance and servicing
- Install, troubleshoot, repair a variety of plumbing/mechanical equipment related to the plumbing trade
- Experience with Backflow and hyrdronics.
- Exceptional customer service skills
Education & Experience:
- Backflow preventor certificate
- 5 years of experience in an Plumbing position in service, maintenance, replacement and installation for commercial & industrial sites
- Ability to read & work from mechanical schematics, etc.
- Valid G2 or G3 gas licence preferred
- Valid ‘G’ Driver’s License
- Strong mechanical ability and problem solving skills
- Good co-ordination and manual dexterity
- Good physical strength and stamina
- Ability to work well with co-workers and deal with customers
- Valid Plumber (JP) OCOT membership
- Must be a member of Local 46 in good standing