ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald Limited is seeking an HVAC Technician at our location in Moncton, New Brunswick. The successful candidate will maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot, and repair various HVAC equipment and systems within a portfolio of buildings to achieve optimum life span of the equipment.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform planned and predictive maintenance duties
- Disassemble, repair, and reassemble existing mechanical equipment; install new equipment, gas lines, refrigerants lines, etc.
- Complete work orders, deficiency reports, field quotations, estimates, and daily time summaries in a timely fashion
- Measure, cut, and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration, and air conditioning systems
- Test and repair electronic components
- Assist in determining repair solutions including price determination and projects scopes based on your recommendation
- Ensure safe working conditions are enforced and strictly adhered to in accordance to company policy
- 3-5 years’ experience in a HVAC position in service, maintenance, replacement, and installation for commercial and industrial sites
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Secret Security Clearance
- Experience using mobile technologies would be an asset
- G1 or G2 gas certification, or equivalent would be considered an asset
- Ability to read and work from HVAC/R, mechanical schematics, electrical schematics, line drawings, etc.
- Valid G driver’s license
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge in a variety of electronic, pneumatic, and DDC control systems an asset
- Strong mechanical ability and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment and the ability to meet deadlines