BUILD YOUR CAREER AT BLACK & MCDONALD
Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi‑trade service provider that safely delivers high quality construction, facilities management, and technical solutions. We are a family-owned and family-run company that employs thousands of highly skilled and talented professionals across North America. With nearly 100 years of diverse market experience, we are a forward‑thinking organization with a strong track record of delivering operational excellence and customer-focused solutions that stand the test of time.
ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald Limited is seeking a journeyman Industrial Refrigeration Technician at our location in Moncton, New Brunswick. The successful candidate will maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot, and repair various Industrial Refrigeration systems and equipment for various recreational and processing facilities to achieve optimum life span and operation of the equipment.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform planned and predictive maintenance duties
- Perform overhauls on reciprocating and screw compressors
- Troubleshoot and repair various ammonia and Freon refrigeration systems
- Disassemble, repair, and reassemble existing refrigeration equipment; install new equipment, refrigerant lines, etc.
- Complete work orders, deficiency reports, and daily time summaries in a timely fashion
- Measure, cut, and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment
- Test and repair electronic components
- Assist in determining repair solutions including price determination and projects scopes based on your recommendation
- Ensure safe working conditions are enforced and strictly adhered to in accordance to company policy
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years’ experience as an Industrial Refrigeration Technician with experience in service, maintenance, replacement, and installation for industrial refrigeration (Ammonia and Freon) sites
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Experience using mobile technologies would be an asset
- Red seal refrigeration trade ticket
- Ability to read and work from mechanical schematics, electrical schematics, line drawings, etc.
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge in a variety of electronic, pneumatic, and DDC control systems an asset
- Strong mechanical ability and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment and the ability to meet deadlines
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.