ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Southern Ontario team is growing! If you are an independent, enthusiastic, and driven professional searching for an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Mechanical Estimator is located at 31 Pullman Court, Scarborough, Ontario and typically reports directly to the Chief Estimator.
The Mechanical Estimator role working on a full-range of mechanical projects in the industrial, commercial, government, and institutional markets.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare estimates of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Adhere to tendering procedures, examine and analyze tenders (commercially and technically)
- Maintain tendering process, understand cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, suppliers, owners, contractors and subcontractors
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Graduate of Mechanical Engineering program or Construction Technology program with related work experience preferred
- Qualified tradesperson in mechanical field with several years’ experience, and previous estimating experience will also be accepted.
- Motivated and able to work with deadlines
- Candidates must be capable using MS applications (Word, Excel, and Projects).
- Previous experience with estimating and drawing software systems would be considered an asset (AUTOBID - QuickPen).
- Knowledge of mechanical piping and related equipment
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years of experience working as a Mechanical Estimator on ICI projects
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.