Black & McDonald’s Kansas City team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Claims Assistant is located in Kansas City, MO and typically reports directly to the SL Maintenance Manager. This role in conjunction with the SLM Manager will execute projects in accordance with Corporate Policy.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to evaluate work histories in order to ensure all direct costs of cut cables and knockdowns are captured in invoices
- Assist in all aspects of the collection process, up to and including field investigations
- Become educated in the state and local laws governing property damage and excavation activities
- Position involves daily interaction with customers, contractors, insurance companies and government agencies
- Ability to work through difficult conversations with clients regarding collections
- Maintenance of current and accurate information in relevant files
- Work proactively in locating responsible parties for knockdown and cut cable damages
- Other duties as assigned
- Communicates Effectively
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Values and Respects Others
- Maximizes Business Performance and Team Effectiveness
- Strategic Perspective
- High school diploma or secondary education preferred
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years of experience in claims or invoicing
- Experience with JDEdwards or equivalent software preferred
- Working knowledge in Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills, displaying superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request.