ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The Bid Director (P3s, PPP/AFP), has overall responsibility for participating as part of various teams within Black & McDonald with a primary focus on the Facilities Management (FM) aspect of P3s and similar pursuits (i.e. Infrastructure, Alternative Finance & Procurement (AFP), and other large projects). This is a progressive position for an experienced individual interested in joining our national team with opportunity for growth, advancement and influence.
This individual will be instrumental in enabling our growth and expansion as a service provider in P3s and other infrastructure and large pursuits. They understand public procurement models and the role and risks associated with being the long term service provider within an integrated team. Managing and working within high functioning bid teams is fundamental in this role, with the proven ability to interface internally and externally with Vice-Presidents, Project Directors, Principals, Consultants and other project partners. Based in Vancouver or Toronto, the mandate of this position is broad-based and centered on leading the pursuit and positioning of Black & McDonald at various stages, i.e. market soundings, teaming, RFQ/RFP, post-award and hand-off to Operations.
- Lead Commercial and Contractual aspects of pursuit and project negotiations, this will include review, assessment and input on contractual redlines in consultation with our legal department, operations and senior management at Black & McDonald
- Review and comment on Teaming Agreements, RFP/RFQ and Project Agreements, as well as manage or support discussion with Government agencies, owners and other stakeholders
- Lead the develop and review of interface agreements with partners defining various important aspects from the service provider perspective, e.g. drop-down requirements, warranty protocol, space and fit-out requirements, level of information to be shared, drawings & specifications used to arrive at bid submission price, etc
- Guidance and input to the Pursuits Team for the development of a robust submission including technical narratives review, cost estimates, lifecycle planning, energy performance and schedule/plan development
- Provide guidance and mentoring to senior, intermediate and junior team members related to the delivery of P3/AFP pursuits and projects
- Work within our team to help define and support the FM bid strategies and deliverables for FM, Lifecycle, Energy Performance and meeting performance criteria for each project
- Developing and managing project-specific change and risk management systems that keep all internal stakeholders in the loop for any given pursuit
- Participate in and make recommendations regarding potential partnership with JV Partners, Consultants, Subcontractors, Financial Advisors and Legal Advisors
- Writing strategic elements of any responses in support of the Proposal Manager(s) and overall bid
- Establish a clearly defined and workable interface between lifecycle and maintenance, including helping to define the asset renewal strategy for long term contracts to optimize the life cycle costs
- Building and fostering positive internal and external relationships
- Ensuring an appropriate review process is implemented for the project from an FM perspective, including internal project reviews, risk reviews, maintainability/constructability, sustainability and independent peer reviews
- Participate in the analysis of RFP performance KPIs (i.e. Payment Mechanism and Service Level Agreements) and work with the internal bid team to design a compliance strategy and how to mitigate the associated deduction risks
- Regular review of all project delivery components including administration, document control, project control, staff planning, design, and subcontractors
- Manage the bid logistics, develop the schedule for the team, and adhering to expectations for the bid
KEY COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA would be a plus), Engineering, Commerce or other related fields
- 5 to 10+ years’ experience in P3s, Infrastructure, Alternate Financing & Procurement
- Facilities Management, Operations and/or Asset Management experience is an asset
- Excellent organizational, writing, communication and team-building skills
- Proven track record interfacing with senior management both internally and externally, including strong commercial awareness and client interface skills/experience at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with clients, partners and consultants
- High performer who has the ability to handle multiple or concurrent tasks as part of a wider bid team
- Ability to write, present and interface at a high level
- Advanced technical skills in MS Word, MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint
- Based in Vancouver or Toronto
Due to many mandatory vaccination requirements at client projects / facilities, in order to provide substantial employment by ensuring compliance with our clients mandates, the successful candidate may be required to validate full vaccination prior to hire.
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.