ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Small Projects team is growing! If you are an independent, enthusiastic, and driven professional searching for an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Project Coordinator is located offsite and typically reports directly to the Operation Manager.
Project Coordinators work on site planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating assigned project(s) from start to finish and in accordance with schedule, specifications and budget. Their primary focus is safety, planning, monitoring progress, scheduling, quality, costs management, estimating, reporting, and managing project change under the direction of senior leadership.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Project Manager to ensure site project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards are in accordance with company policy and contract specifications are met
- Comply with all company health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures
- Assist in planning and preparing construction schedules and milestones, and monitor progress against established timelines
- Assist in preparing contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Assist in budget analysis, cost and margin projections, estimate project changes and impacts
- Assist in developing and implementing quality control programs
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Trade and subcontractor coordination
- Document control
- Purchase supplies and materials as required to complete project
- Communicates Effectively
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Engineering Degree or Diploma or
- HVAC Technology Diploma or relevant experience
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3-6 years of Project Coordination experience
- Experience in small projects up to $2M is considered an asset
- Project experience in chillers, boilers, and cooling towers is considered an asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Due to many mandatory vaccination requirements at client projects / facilities, in order to provide substantial employment by ensuring compliance with our client’s mandates, the successful candidate will be required to validate full vaccination prior to hire.
Proficient knowledge and understanding of:
- Contract management
- Construction scheduling, planning, and execution
- Blue print reading
- Project structural design interpretation
- Financial statements – read and comprehend
- Organization and time management
Proficient user of:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)
- JD Edwards or an Oracle-based ERP system is an asset.
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.