ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Utilities team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
Directional Drill Operators Operate Vermeer Directional Drills, Locating Systems, Mixing Systems and Commercial Vehicles used in the installation of Underground Utilities. The Directional Drill Operators are responsible for the safe operation and basic maintenance of the organization's Directional Drill.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Safely operate the directional drill in the installation of Underground Utilities
- Operate directional drill in residential areas
- Responsible for the safe operation and basic maintenance of the organization’s equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints, stakes, and signage
- Coordinate and organize daily activities of equipment with drivers and operators
- Performing and logging pre-operation safety inspections for fueling and greasing the directional drill in order to maintain safe and optimal operation.
- General labour duties as required
- Self-directed and self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision or as part of a team
- Strong work ethic, ability to work safely in a fast-paced environment
- Communicates Effectively (verbally and in writing)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (work cooperatively and collaboratively with others)
- Values and Respects Others (encourages and supports diversity)
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the construction industry operating an (HDD) Horizontal Directional Drill Rig, specifically a Directional Drill Rig – Vermeer D20 x 22 Series 3
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Class 1 (or 3) with Air Brakes
- Possess a valid, Alberta Drivers License and a clean, 3 year driving abstract
- Must be able to pass a Drug & Alcohol test
- Must hold a valid CSTS/Ground Disturbance ticket
- Willing to travel out of town if required
Construction Safety Certifications including the following are considered assets.
- Confined Space Awareness/Rescue
- Fall Arrest
- First Aid
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.