ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Southern Ontario FMO team is growing! If you are a technical and collaborative professional searching for the opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The HVAC Mechanic is located in Toronto, ON and typically reports directly to the Operations Manager.
The HVAC Mechanic, located in our service department, will maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot, and repair all HVAC equipment within our FMO portfolio to achieve optimum life span of equipment.
The HVAC Mechanic will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain predictive planned maintenance duties
- Disassemble, repair, and reassemble existing mechanical equipment; install new equipment, gas lines, refrigerants lines, etc.
- Complete work orders, deficiency reports, field quotations, estimates, and daily time summaries in a timely fashion
- Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components
- Measure, cut, and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment
- Perform routine maintenance and servicing
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration, and air conditioning systems
- Handle, recover, and store refrigerants
- Test and repair electronic components
- Check all parts of an HVAC system
- Other duties as assigned
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Post-secondary education in a related field
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years’ experience in a HVAC position in service, maintenance, replacement, and installation for commercial and industrial sites
- Ability to read and work from HVAC/R, mechanical schematics, electrical schematics, line drawings, etc.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess a valid 313A licence and valid ODP certification
- Valid G1 gas licence
- Valid G driver’s licence
- Knowledge in a variety of electronic, pneumatic, and DDC control systems an asset
- Strong mechanical ability and problem solving skills
- Good coordination and manual dexterity
- Good physical strength and stamina
- Ability to work well with coworkers and deal with customers
- Ability to get along well with others on a work team