ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Ottawa team is looking for a collaborative professional in the role of Human Resources Generalist.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Full cycle recruitment including, screening candidates, phone interviews, interviews, career fairs, reference checks, and employment letters, etc.
- Provide new hire orientation and onboarding for new employees
- Maintain and update manual and computerized filing and registration systems, and compile and prepare reports and documents relating to personnel activities
- Support Managers and Supervisors with guidance, assistance and directions on employee relations
- Create and maintain training and development plans
- Monitor and ensure compliance with HR initiatives and processes
- Administer benefits, pension and employee and family assistance programs
- Provide assistance in health, safety and environment
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- An undergraduate degree or diploma/certificate related to personnel management such as Human Resource Management; Business Administration; Commerce; Industrial Relations
- CHRP designation is considered an asset
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 2‐3 years of experience working within the Human Resources field
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with a HRIS and ATS are considered an asset
- Proficient user of MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Strong interpersonal skills, displaying superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Some travel is required in this position
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.