ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The Human Resources Administrator provides support to the HR and operational team, in specific areas and activities to support and facilitate key processes including: recruitment, employee relations, onboarding/offboarding, talent development, and other employee services.
The incumbent is efficient, focused, organized, and willing to work within a fast paced environment. As an agile learner, the HR Administrator is committed to continuous improvement, quality service delivery to the organization and effective time management.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain and update computerized filing and registration systems, and compile / prepare reports and documents relating to personnel activities and job related data using the Company’s ERP software (i.e. JD Edwards)
- Respond to telephone and written inquiries from staff and the general public regarding personnel matters
- Audit and maintain regional mailing lists
- Coordinate, track, and maintain the regional apprenticeship program
- Administration of group benefits and EAP, as well as processing applicable billings and responding to company pension plan inquiries.
- Coordinate and administer the company’s long-term service award program.
- Coordinate and administer the Company’s building access, as required.
- Activity participate in, and lead the planning of, employee / family events and company charitable efforts annually
- Preparation of HR related documentation, where required
- Accurately prepare and issue professional correspondence as well as internal company communications
- Ensure data is entered accurately into HRIS (i.e. BambooHR) and maintained accordingly.
- Promptly and professionally respond to all internal and external customer requests
- Attend and assist with the coordination of quarterly all-staff meetings
- Build, maintain, and issue ad-hoc reports / spreadsheets upon request from internal and external customers
- Assist HR Manager with setup and monitoring of Career Development Plans
- Provide recruitment support, when required, including: developing job descriptions, posting roles, receiving/screening resumes, participating in interviews, administering PI and PLI surveys, completing reference checks, etc.
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- University Degree or College Diploma in Business with specialization in Human Resources Management considered an asset
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in all areas of human resources
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Strong interpersonal skills, displaying superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time, within a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated with a demonstrated commitment to meeting customer commitments and expectations
- A real team player with the desire and ability to do whatever it takes to get the job done with a “Hand’s on” approach to tasks
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills a definite asset
- JD Edwards experience considered an asset
- SharePoint experience considered an asset