ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Ottawa team is growing! If you are an independent, enthusiastic, and driven professional searching for an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. We are hiring only individuals with a strong desire to be part of a winning team; someone who values teamwork as much as we do!
The AutoCAD Technician is located in Ottawa, Ontario and reports directly to the Division Manager. This position could potentially lead to a project manager role.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with and prepare detailed diagrams, plans, drawings, reports and presentations
- Use computer-aided design (CAD/Revit/BIM) software and other resources to design the systems required for various projects
- Assist with the identification and resolution of field technical issues
- Conduct construction site survey with 3D point cloud scanner
- Creating 3D mechanical construction models merged with 3D point clouds to produce highly accurate and realistic builds using Revit with integrated proprietary MEP software
- Work with site and consultant supports to create efficient mechanical/electrical systems
- Create work and fabrication packages for pre-fab and on-site installations
- The successful candidate may be required to perform other duties as assigned
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- A College Diploma in Construction or Mechanical Engineering Technology or a University Degree in Engineering
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years’ experience in the construction industry
- 1-2 years’ experience working at an engineering firm
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Experience in drafting practices for mechanical and electrical building systems
- Experience with mechanical and electrical building codes
- Knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications and building material
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Project and Outlook
- Proficiency in 3D CAD software and Revit
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.