ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Power Generation team is growing! The Outage Coordinator position is located at our clients work site (Darlington) located in Courtice, Ontario and typically reports directly to the Outage Superintendent.
The Outage Coordinator will help plan, organize, control and coordinate the activities associated with scheduled work during planned outages. This will include review of schedule, monitoring progress and dealing with project change under the direction of Outage Manager/ Outage Superintendent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To plan, in conjunction with the Outage Manager/ Outage Superintendent and the team and execute outages in accordance with Corporate Policy.
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships to enhance competitiveness in the industry and promote good customer relationships.
- Assist in preparing outage budget estimates.
- Monitor progress against established schedules.
- Assist in preparing contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Assist in developing and implementing quality control programs.
- Review work/contracts/WIP for areas of risk and correct deficiencies.
- Attend & report on behalf of Black & McDonald at the daily outage meetings
- Communicates Effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Holds Self and Others Accountable (proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload)
- Problem Solving and Innovation (Strong analytical and critical thinking skills)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment)
- Completion of Grade 12
- A university degree Engineering degree or a college diploma in construction technology may be an asset.
- Construction trade certification is beneficial.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 years construction experience in a trade or staff position
- Minimum 2 years of Supervisory experience
- Familiar with Planning Processes
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Intermediate user of MS Excel
- Intermediate user of JD Edwards
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment
- Proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload