ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald's Atlantic Region is actively seeking an Electrical Estimator to join the team. The successful candidate will get the chance to work on a full-range of projects in commercial, government and institutional markets. Projects will primarily be in the commercial and institutional sectors. This position reports directly to the Estimating Department Manager for Atlantic Canada, and will work as a key member of the Dartmouth Estimating team.
- Prepare estimates of materials, labour and equipment based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Preparation of proposal documents, adhere to tendering procedures, examine and analyze tenders
- Maintain tendering process, understand cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, suppliers, owners, contractors and subcontractors
- Secure electrical business in Atlantic Canada and visits to potential and existing accounts to generate business
- Assist in the scheduling, planning and implementation of secured projects
- Travel to various sites or clients to undertake the above
- Update estimating computer program (ACCUBID)
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- An electrical trade certificate, electrical engineering degree or electrical technologist diploma/certificate
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in electrical estimating of commercial and institutional projects.
- Previous experience as a supervisor would be beneficial
- Comprehensive understanding of estimating, forecasting and scheduling in order to provide strategic and fiscal information to clients and management.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning, and organizing skills with the ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, vendors and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Construction scheduling, planning, and execution
- Blue print reading
- Project structural design interpretation
- Applicable local and provincial labour codes
- Organization and time management
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)