Black & McDonald’s Power Generation Region team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Project Material Coordinator will assist to plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget with emphasis on estimating, reporting and monitoring progress, planning and scheduling, and dealing with project change under the guidance of a Project Manager. The Project Material Coordinator reports directly to the Logistics, Facilities & Warehouse Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Single point of contact with office regarding dealing with MRR’s, materials, arranging and accepting deliveries to site.
- Single point of contact for arranging VENDOR deliveries to site and process returns, claims or other supplier issues.
- Source and secure quotes for materials, equipment or services from suppliers for purchase or estimating purposes.
- May be required to process purchase orders in a manner to allow for the best-delivered cost for quality.
- May be required to review open commitments and reconcile invoices for processing.
- Liaison with Quality, Project Management and Site Management, as required.
- Ensure that all safety rules/regulations are followed.
- Ensure compliance with all required procedures and instructions.
- Understand vendor marketplace and market conditions.
- Understand technical specifications and needs of end-users.
- Plan, coordinate and execute procurement activities for equipment, materials and services.
- Review bidder information, prepare and issue RFP and tender documents, evaluate bids, and provide recommendations.
- Negotiate contracts as required.
- Complete contract administration activities.
- Work with QC inspectors to conduct surveillance and inspection and test plans as required.
- Review and escalate claims as required.
- Communicate relevant information to internal stakeholders (engineering, construction, QC, accounts payable).
- Monitor and track vendor performance.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and prospective vendors.
- Any other assignments or projects as assigned by your Manager/Supervisor.
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Bachelor Degree, College Diploma (or related discipline) or related experience
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Up to 5 Years of procurement experience in nuclear projects or equivalent experience in an industry with robust suppliers requirements such as pharmaceutical, medical, aeronautics, automotive would be beneficial
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- General knowledge of construction materials and be comfortable advising on equipment, tools and consumables required for various mechanical, electrical and civil projects.
- Experience on projects with low risk and complexity
- Proven understanding of procurement and contract administration process
- Strong communication, organization, analytical, and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and analytical skills
- Proven understanding of project management, engineering and construction processes and relevant software.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and analytical skills.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- A Client Security Clearance will be required.