Black & McDonald’s Power Generation Region team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Construction Project Material Coordinator will assist with planning, organizing, controlling and evaluating construction materials according to schedule, specifications and budget during the estimating, sourcing and procurement phases. The Construction Project Material Coordinator reports directly to the Logistics, Facilities & Warehouse Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- SPOC with office regarding materials and arranging/accepting deliveries to site.
- SPOC arranging VENDOR deliveries to site and process returns, claims or other supplier issues.
- Source and secure quotes for materials, equipment or services from suppliers for purchase or estimating purposes.
- May be required to review open commitments and reconcile invoices for processing.
- Liaison with Quality, Project Management and Site Management, as required.
- Understand technical specifications and needs of end-users.
- Plan, coordinate and execute procurement activities for equipment, tools, consumables, materials and services.
- Review bidder information, prepare and issue RFP and tender documents, evaluate bids, and provide recommendations.
- Negotiate contracts as required.
- Complete contract administration activities.
- May be required to process purchase orders in a manner to allow for the best-delivered cost for quality.
- Review and escalate claims as required.
- Communicate relevant information to internal stakeholders (engineering, construction, QC, accounts payable).
- Monitor and track vendor performance.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and prospective vendors.
- Ensure that all safety rules/regulations are followed.
- Ensure compliance with all required procedures and instructions.
- Understand vendor marketplace and market conditions.
- Any other assignments or projects as assigned by your Manager/Supervisor.
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or economic would be beneficial.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years of experience in an industrial construction environment, preferably in a medium to large corporation (ideally in a nuclear environment) would be an asset
- Up to 5 Years of procurement experience in nuclear projects or equivalent experience in an industry with robust suppliers requirements such as pharmaceutical, medical, aeronautics, automotive would be beneficial
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must have working knowledge of general construction material and be comfortable advising on equipment, tools and consumables required for construction projects.
- Multi-trade background would be beneficial
- Understanding of procurement and contract administration process
- Strong communication, organization, analytical, and negotiation skills
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- A Client Security Clearance will be required.