This position reports directly to the Estimating Department Manager for Atlantic Canada and will be working within the Estimating Department located at 60 Cutler Avenue, Dartmouth, NS. The position involves working on a full range of Utility projects in the industrial, commercial, government, and institutional markets.
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Engineering or Construction Technology program with related electrical / utility / civil work experience
- Qualified tradesperson in electrical / utility / civil field with several years’ experience, and previous estimating experience will also be accepted
- 5-10 years applicable work experience
- Previous experience with estimating and drawing software systems would be considered an asset (ACCUBID)
- Knowledge of electrical codes, standards, and related equipment
- Ability to interpret drawings and specifications
- Candidates must be capable using MS applications (Word, Excel, and Projects).
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Prepare estimates of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Adhere to tendering procedures, examine and analyze tenders (commercially and technically)
- Maintain tendering process, understand cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, suppliers, owners, contractors and subcontractors
- Motivated and able to work with deadlines – either independently or in a team environment
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If you are an existing Black & McDonald employee, please notify your supervisor
of your interest and intent to apply before applying.