Reporting to the Service Supervisor, the HVAC Technician is primarily responsible for the efficient operations and maintenance of a variety of HVAC equipment including: rooftop units, air handling units, refrigeration equipment, motors, heating units, heat pumps, humidifiers intake and exhaust fans.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Keep all the HVAC equipment in safe and proper working condition
- Regular equipment inspections to verify HVAC equipment and systems are operating optimally and as per design intent
- Maintain and service, rooftop units, heat pumps, air handling units, fans, humidifiers, pumps, VAV boxes, motors, refrigerators and freezers
- Monitor, troubleshoot, replace, calibrate and program HVAC controls
- Replace filters and belts
- Update documentation (drawings, specifications, O&M manuals, etc.) related to HVAC services
- Install new services in renovation or building changes as determined by the Manager
- Recommends the ordering of HVAC supplies
- Respond to environment comfort complaints
- Perform log readings
- Complete preventive and demand maintenance tasks; enter maintenance records on work orders
- Complete work orders, deficiency reports, field quotations, estimates, and daily time summaries
- Assist in determining repair solutions including price determination and project scopes based on your recommendation
- Ensure safe working conditions are enforced and strictly adhered to in accordance to company policy
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Successful completion of a recognized HVAC and/or refrigeration certificate with B or A gas ticket for the province of Manitoba.
- Five to seven years of experience in installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting and correcting diverse HVAC service issues
- Working knowledge of building services including air conditioning, refrigeration and electrical and mechanical equipment controls and systems
- Full understanding of the building automation system HVAC control strategies
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals
- Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
- Follow instructions in English; both written and verbal.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times with fellow employees and customer
- Maintain clear and courteous two way radio and/or phone etiquette
- A team player, committed to working in a quality environment
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards
- Bending and Lifting Required; Lifting under 30 kgs
- Must be able to work on ladder or scaffold at various heights