This position reports to the Field Supervisor and is given the opportunity to develop their skills through participating in planned maintenance, service calls and installations. This position requires safety compliance, a willingness to learn new skills and gain an understanding of how to provide support with client relations.
- Comply with all company and regulatory safety requirements. Promote safety throughout the company, complete Daily Hazard Assessment Report before starting any work. Wear company provided personal protective equipment suitable for assigned tasks.
- Perform Planned Maintenance (PM) on heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, as scheduled and within the time allotted. Assist journeyperson with planned maintenance on more advanced systems, in order to further training and mechanical knowledge.
- With supervision, respond to customer service requests on heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment. Assist journeyperson with corrective maintenance in order to further training and mechanical knowledge.
- Participate in service projects, including installations, retrofits and startups. Gain an understanding of installation best practices.
- Site clean-up – sweeping, picking up waste materials as required.
- Materials handling – pricing, sourcing and procuring materials for maintenance, repairs and installations.
- Safely operate company vehicle. Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Understand and demonstrate safe used of hand tools and power tools.
- Gain an understanding and perform tests on refrigeration and air conditioning systems using testing equipment to prevent leaks of ozone depleting substances.
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
or 3rd year apprentice
- Some experience with natural gas (G1 or G2) would be considered an asset