People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Black & McDonald is actively seeking a QA/QC Coordinator in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring accurate and timely quality management on the project. They will guide the project team and provide quality-related support to the operation to ensure quality standards are upheld.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all QA and QC activities are understood and implemented according to company and client standards.
- Educate and provide recommendations to the project team with regards to project quality management improvements.
- Continuously monitor construction activities for deviations from specification and ensure deviations are addressed appropriately.
- Communicate and coordinate with project management team to ensure all customer concerns regarding quality are addressed efficiently and effectively.
- Gather information pertaining to any quality-related construction concerns in order to identify issues, consult, problem-solve, and provide solutions for issues and implement best course of action.
- Drive continuous improvement and zero defects through quality plans and processes.
- Write and maintain various formal quality management documents such as manuals, policies, procedures, plans, checklists and records appropriate to existing and emerging regulator, client and internal needs.
- Minimize deficiencies and reworks through setting clearly defined quality targets.
- Comply with customer's quality management system and ISO9001 Quality Management Systems.
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
Education & Skill Requirements
- University degree or college diploma in construction management or related field.
- 3- 5 years' experience in the field of QA/QC.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills, with commitment to excellence and high quality work.
- Knowledge and experience with site safety procedures, including electrical safety standards.
- Proven experience with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Project, Excel).
- Familiarity with industry standard tools necessary to carry out QA and inspection work.
- Strong background in the construction industry on ICI projects is an asset.
- Experience working on a construction site is an asset.
For a complete listing of all available Black & McDonald career opportunities visit http://www.blackandmcdonald.com.