ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Ottawa team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
This opportunity relates to the modernization of the heating and cooling energy distribution systems to over 80 buildings in the National Capital Region. The ESAP project involves construction of four new central heating and cooling plants plus associated distribution piping networks over a period of the next four years, under a Joint Venture Partnership with another leading major Contractor. The Warehouse Supervisor will have responsibility for management of an off-site dedicated warehouse for the storage of material and equipment for the project.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receive, store and organize all incoming material
- Material receiving reporting under the quality program
- Scheduling of materials to be moved to and from warehouse and coordination of inventory transfers to various construction sites
- Advise Project Managers of deliveries
- Assist in the removal of material from the warehouse
- Maintains storage area and yard by organizing floor space, materials, and recommending improvements.
- Track down missing parts and backorders with suppliers
- Maintains clean floors, minor maintenance, landscaping ad winter snow maintenance
- Controls security of warehouse
- Ensure warehouse is kept clean and organized
- Ensure that all safety regulations are adhered to in the warehouse
- Properly dispose of scrap materials
- Tool management including receiving, tagging, and tracking in Asset Management System
- Ensure all items are scanned in and out and maintain inventory records
- Labelling of incoming material
- Data entry of all receiving and shipping documents including scanning of packing slips
- Contacting recipients as soon as material arrives.
- Communicates Effectively
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Organization Skills
- Supervisory Experience
- Forklift Operation
- Telehandler Operation
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years’ experience in the warehousing industry
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Advance knowledge and understanding of:
- Warehouse inventory management
- Mechanical and electrical material and equipment components
- Safe storage and handling practices
- Applicable local and provincial labour codes
- Organization and time management
Proficient user of:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Project, Access, Outlook)
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.