ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Northern Ontario team is growing! If you are a hands-on, technical professional searching for an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Light Duty Cleaner is located in Richmond, ON and typically reports to the Supervisor. As the position is located on a Military Base, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Clean, sweep, mop, and wash floors, stairs, equipment and other surfaces.
- Operate floor scrubber / Zamboni.
- Vacuum rugs in offices and public areas. Spot clean daily.
- Disinfect high touch points
- Clean indoor common area spaces, hallways, offices, etc.
- Replenish dispensers including: paper towel, soap, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, air freshener, etc.
- Clean and disinfect bathrooms and fixtures
- Empty trash cans and other waste containers, replace liners
- Wash interior and exterior windows at ground level and interior walls (no ladder)
- Clean and disinfect medical equipment, gym equipment, fight mats, gym floor, lockers, etc.
- Monitor and report any damage, vandalism, building repairs.
- Adhere to safe work practices
- Report any building repair or maintenance requirements to Operations
- Perform safety and security checks
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills to deal with building occupants, colleagues and trades
- Complete pre-job hazard assessments, cleaning checklists, refusal logs and other paperwork as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Custodial experience is considered an asset.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must hold Secret Security Clearance
- Must have the ability to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to walk indoor and outdoor for long distance.
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to Bending, crouching, kneeling, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting and rotating
- Excellent customer service and communication skills to deal with building occupants, colleagues and trades
- Able to perform repetitive motion tasks
- Comfortable wearing Steel toe work boots during their shift
- Comfortable doing Medical grade cleaning, working with bloodborne pathogens and lead
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.