Black & McDonald’s Atlantic Provinces Field services group is growing! If you are a committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Field Service Technician will help deliver exceptional high-voltage electrical services, commissioning, construction and technical solutions to a variety of clients including manufacturing, industrial, municipal, power generation, university and health care. Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for the maintenance, installation and repair of medium/high voltage power distribution transformers and substation equipment.
- Have strong knowledge in electronic and electromechanical protection relay testing, calibration and troubleshooting.
- Commission and maintain various type of breakers such as oil filled, gas filled, air magnetic and vacuum.
- Have a good understanding and follow industry standards including IEEE, NETA, CSA, ISO, and ANSI Etc.
- Prepare project reports by collecting, summarizing, analyzing and interpreting information, drawing conclusions and making recommendations.
- Perform computer assisted testing and have experience with supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA).
- Safety oriented and follow all Black & McDonald’s company policies.
- Deliver on time and professional services, build and maintain customer relationships.
- Other duties as required.
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Coaches and Develops
- Maximizes Business Performance and Team Effectiveness
- Degree/Diploma in electrical engineering technology or Electrical trade certification red seal interprovincial
- MS Office ( Word, Excel, Project )
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license
- Bilingual would be considered an asset
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5 Years’ in a related field
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Strong knowledge of electrical circuits
- Construction scheduling, planning and execution
- Engineered drawings and diagram reading
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems
- Organization and time management
- Flexible to work after hours, on call rotation
- Willing to travel in the Atlantic Provinces