Black & McDonald’s Power Generation Region team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Human Performance Lead / Manager is responsible for the implementation of a Human and Organizational Performance (HOP) improvements program in the Black & McDonald Power Generation Region.
HOP is a knowledge-based approach for considering errors, error prevention - in order to address them more effectively. HOP builds our appreciation of how humans perform and how we may devise systems and mitigations that are more tolerant to the inevitable human errors.
Working closely with trades Supervisors, Site Managers and others to ‘protect the plant from the humans’ - Support safe work execution by ensuring programs oversight and effectiveness. Perform functions associated with but not limited to event / incident prevention, the human performance event-free tools framework, investigation and event analysis techniques, coaching, mentoring, and statistical analysis.
- Champion the belief of an error and event-free workplace.
- Ensure the effective integration of Human Performance (HU), behaviour-based safety, continuous improvement programs, processes, initiatives, projects and training.
- Review and communicate policies, systems and procedures and support / lead initiatives undertaken by the Management team relative to HOP.
- Detailed trend analyses, reports, self-assessments, recommend corrective actions.
- Provide specialized knowledge and training on Human Performance and mentoring to field staff and leaders.
- Provide assistance, guidance and support in the field of HOP to the senior teams.
- Participate on various Continuous Improvement Teams (Working and Steering Committees, Nuclear Safety Review Board etc)
- Assist in developing site specific training, processes and action plans.
- Ensure the effective integration of Human Performance (HU), Behaviour-Based Safety, Continuous Improvement programs, processes, initiatives, projects and training.
- Other duties as required
- Communicates effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills).
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable (proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload).
- Problem Solving and Innovation (Strong analytical and critical thinking skills).
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment).
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of High School
- Completion of a University Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in related field an asset
- Safety or Human Performance certifications a strong asset
- Leadership experience within Nuclear, energy, or other high-risk, high-consequence environment (military, aeronautics, medical etc.) for 5 or more years
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite platform
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Customer service focused mind set
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Able to learn new systems and processes
- Self-motivated, with a strong desire to succeed
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy in all areas of work
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, multi deadline, team oriented environment
- Sense of urgency and ownership over assigned tasks
- Ability to multi-task and with strong problem identification / resolution skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Motivated individual with proven initiative
- Operates with integrity, discretion and maintains confidentially at all times