Summary of Position:
Black & McDonald Limited is actively seeking a Senior Building Operator to supervise a client facility located in the downtown Toronto area. Reporting to the Facility Supervisor, the Senior Building Operator will be responsible for overseeing and delivering full facility management solutions including oversight of vendors and sub-contractors, safety compliance, project work, client relationships and various building activities as required.
The Building Operator will ensure effective planning, management and development of effective controls and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Work shall include but not necessarily be limited to:
- Schedule, supervise, and monitor subcontracted personnel
- Perform routine inspection, maintenance and repairs to HVAC systems and related equipment.
- Perform routine inspection and tests on building life support systems
- Configuration of systems to allow maintenance work to be completed.
- Perform minor repairs
- Relamping and resetting breakers
- Carryout water treatment duties on heating and cooling loops
- Minor plumbing and general building maintenance duties
- Startup/shut down major building equipment.
- Ensure SOPs, PMs of existing and new building equipment are accurate and updated
- Respond to environment/comfort complaints
- Perform shift tours, record and log equipment status, temperatures and pressures
- Ensure regular inspections are completed in a timely manner and necessary corrective actions are implemented.
- Regularly communicate health, safety and environmental issues or concerns with B&M staff, sub-contractors and client
- Respond to demand/emergency calls
Education & Skill Requirements:
- Building Environment System Certificate or a trade license
- 7-10 years of extensive Building Operator or Building Maintenance experience
- 3 years of experience in a leadership role
- Experience operating in a commercial/ research facility greater than 350K sq feet
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Building Automation Systems
- The ability to read blue prints and follow verbal and written instructions
- Bending and lifting required; lifting under 30 kgs
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Laboratory experience is an asset
- Must obtain security clearance