ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
At Black & McDonald, you’re not just an intern – you’re part of the family. Our Internship Program is centrally supported, fully leveraged paid summer employment offering you the chance to bridge theory to practice in a supportive and dynamic environment. Our goal is to provide you with 4 months of engaging, meaningful, and impactful experience that will launch your career in the right direction.
A few things to look forward to – a structured work plan to guide your learning; a dedicated mentor to offer regular coaching and feedback; online training through Harvard Business School; collaboration with a vast network of Interns across North America; opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of our diverse team of over 6000 employees across a network of over 25 offices and countless job-sites.
As an intern, some of your roles and responsibilities may include:
- Participate in maintenance and creation of project documentation (e.g. safety, materials, change orders, quantities, and productivity records)
- Learn to interpret project contract documents and drawings
- Participate in client meetings and interpreting requirements
- Understand the process and details involved with project scheduling and planning
- Assist with equipment and material sourcing
- Relationship building with subcontractors and suppliers for information and pricing
- Assisting with additional estimating
- Learn how to prepare quantity take-offs supporting the estimating stage of the project lifecycle
- Assist with invoicing and preparing supporting documentation, tracking and request forms
- Participate in activities in both a traditional office setting as well as off-site jobsite
- Any additional opportunities in related projects to solidify the learning experience
This is not a conclusive list and is subject to change depending on department.
- A great attitude and enthusiasm for learning
- Available from May to August, 2020
- Mobility (within or outside of province/state) is considered a strong asset
- Completed or pursuing a diploma in a related field. Examples include:
- Accounting / finance
Business / commerce
- Building systems engineering / technician / technologist
- Civil engineering / technician / technologist
- Construction engineering technology
- Construction management
- Electrical engineering / technician / technologist
- Environmental engineering / technician / technologist
- Health, Safety, and Environment
- Instrumentation engineering / technician / technologist
- Information Technology
- Mechanical engineering / technician / technologist
- Nuclear/Power Generation
- Project management
- Power systems engineering / technician / technologist
- Procurement / supply chain
- Sales / business development
This Talent Pool is open to all intern applicants in Ontario, Canada. Black & McDonald will host over 50 Interns across regional offices/job-sites in Canada and the USA. Each applicant must fill out the questionnaire in order to have their resume directed accordingly.
We wish all applicants the best of luck!
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.