ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Ottawa Region is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The successful candidate will use his/her experience and technical skills to work alone and as part of a team to meet service requirements.Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs basic tours and log readings
- Responds to tenant complaints and troubleshoots issues
- Performs duties such as sweeping, cleaning, basic carpentry, painting, garbage removal, minor snow removal, landscaping for safety and beautification, etc.
- Assists other team members such as maintenance mechanics, HVAC technicians, electricians, and fire technicians, etc.
- Performs maintenance and repair activities on building envelope systems such as roof, eaves troughs, exterior faucets/bibs, windows, doors, overhead doors, finishes, sidings, claddings, soffits, building levelers, wooden decks and railings
- Performs minor project work both interior and exterior
- Completes all required paperwork and reports
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3 or more years’ experience as a Handyman/Zone Technician
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in French & English
- Follow instructions both written and verbal
- Maintain clear and courteous two way radio and/or phone etiquette
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times with fellow employees and customers
- A team player, committed to working in a quality environment
- Ability to read and work from blueprints and schematic diagrams
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as required
- Ability to work in confined spaces and work on a ladder or scaffold at various heights
- Ability to attain and hold a Reliability security clearance
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.