ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Power Generation Region team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Project Manager will plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget. Emphasis is placed on estimating, reporting and monitoring progress, planning and scheduling, and dealing with project change under the direction of a general manager or other senior manager.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To plan, in conjunction with the Senior Project Manager, to execute projects in accordance with Corporate Policy; managing all day-to-day project management
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships to enhance competitiveness in the industry and promote good customer relationships.
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Assist in the in the development and implementation of quality control programs.
- Represent company on matters such as business services and union matters.
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff
- Perform sales calls and visits to potential and existing accounts to generate business
- Review work/contracts/WIP for areas of risk and correct deficiencies
- Define project objectives and develop the project delivery model, including procurement and contracting strategies
- Manage all aspects of project planning (including the development of the budget, schedule, procurement and contracting plans, and risk, scope and change management plans)
- Lead the project organization and assign the work activities throughout the project lifecycle
- Monitor project performance (cost, schedule, quality) and complete and distribute regular project reports (including issues, status, and KPis) to key stakeholders
- Maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Supervise and complete project close-out activities and support the transition to operations
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (or related discipline) or related experience
- P.Eng and Project Management Professional (PMP) designation preferred
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 2 -8 years of project management experience for within the nuclear industry or related construction/industrial projects may be acceptable
- Relevant experience in project development and planning
- Experience on projects of low risk and complexity
- Experience/participation on project teams
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Strong leadership, communication, organization, and analytical skills
- Computer Literacy; Microsoft Office programs and Black & McDonald JD Edwards
- Familiar with Project Management Processes; Project Controls, Work Planning & Scheduling, Labour Relations and Contract Management
- A Security Check will be provided by the client
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and analytical skills