Black & McDonald’s Power Generation Region team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
Quality Assurance Specialist (QA) is responsible to support the QA Manager to ensure effective implementation of the Black & McDonald management system documents. The Quality Assurance Specialist serves as an internal consultant to lead, define, administer and develop quality assurance and quality control practices designed to drive standardization and ultimately high quality results. This position requires the ability to audit existing processes against written procedures, as well as to identify improvements to process/procedures in effort to continually improve the quality of our product or service. Solid judgment and resourcefulness is needed to effectively deal with multiple, highly variable factors and conflicting priorities of various departments and customers. The QA Specialist may need to lead, participate and report on incident investigations. The QA Specialist interacts with all levels of the company as the Quality Management System encompasses all areas of our business.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the development, establishment and enforcement of Black & McDonald’s management system documents and certifications.
- Assistance in the development of procedures and instructions which conform to the specified requirements.
- Coordinating, supporting and tracking to closure corrective actions that are raised by internal/ external audits or regulatory inspections.
- Lead surveillances assigned by the QA Manager or QA Director.
- Provide input for QA program improvement processes and activities.
- Providing indoctrination and training, when requested, to personnel whose activities affect quality.
- Interfacing with designated client and external personnel and agencies.
- Support in the development of project documents such as PQP’s, ITP’s, instructions and procedures as required.
- Field Inspection Support as required
- Progress monitoring and reporting
- Conduct Supplier and Internal Quality Audits
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Minimum of 2 years college or university in a technical related discipline
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 2 years college or university in a technical related discipline or:
- Minimum of 10 years construction trades experience
- Minimum of 3 years QA/QC experience
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Root cause analysis training and experience would be an asset
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Computer Literacy; MS Work, Outlook, and Excel
- Certified Nuclear Pressure Boundary Lead Auditor Qualification
- Strong understanding of CSA N286, CSA N285 and CSA N299 required.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and analytical skills
- Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word and Outlook