ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Power Generation team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Sourcing/Material Specialist is located in Bowmanville and will report to the Purchasing Manager. The Sourcing/Material Specialist will assist to plan, organize, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to material requirements. This includes schedule, specifications and budget with emphasis on estimating, reporting and monitoring progress, planning and scheduling. Core requirements of this position include sourcing, obtaining quotes, initiating purchases, material logistics, and inventory management, arranging rental equipment and coordinating estimates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• SPOC between office, site and vendors regarding project materials, arranging vendor deliveries to site and process returns, claims or other supplier issues.
• SPOC with QC regarding items requiring receipt inspection when arriving on site.
• Source and secure quotes for materials, equipment or services from suppliers for purchase or estimating purposes.
• Understand technical specifications and general construction equipment, tools, consumables and materials.
• Track and arrange rental equipment deliveries and pick-ups.
• Knowledgeable in marketplace and vendor market conditions.
• Liaison with Quality, Project Management, Site Management and Clients as required.
• Assist in the development and review of RFQs as required.
• May be required to process purchase orders in a manner to allow for the best-delivered cost for quality.
• May be required to review open commitments and reconcile invoices for processing.
• Monitor, track and evaluate supplier performance.
• Interface with and acquiring client approvals, as required.
• Negotiate contracts as required.
• Maintain strong vendor/client relationships.
• Ensure that all safety rules/regulations are followed.
• Ensure compliance with all required procedures and instructions.
• Any other assignments or projects as assigned by your Manager/Supervisor.
• Communicates effectively
• Customer focus
• Holds self and others accountable
• Problem-solving and innovation
• A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or economics would be beneficial.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Must have a solid understanding of construction equipment, tools, consumables and materials.
• 5 years of experience in an industrial construction environment, preferably in a medium to large corporation (ideally in a nuclear environment) would be an asset.
• Multi-trade background would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of materials management requirements within in quality programs such as NQA-1, CSA N285 and CSA N286 is an asset.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Strong communication, organization, analytical, and negotiation skills.
• Must be proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Safety conscious.
• Attention to detail is a must.
Work Perks & Benefits
• Optional hybrid work model
• Company paid health and dental benefits
• Opportunity to participate in community and wellness initiatives
• Team building events
• Access to a dynamic Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Opportunity for ongoing professional development
• Rewards and recognition
• Scholarship Program for employee dependents
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.