BUILD YOUR CAREER AT BLACK & MCDONALD
Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi-trade service provider that safely delivers high quality construction, facilities management, and technical solutions. We are a family-owned and family-run company that employs thousands of highly skilled and talented professionals across North America. With nearly 100 years of diverse market experience, we are a forward-thinking organization with a strong track record of delivering operational excellence and customer-focused solutions that stand the test of time.
ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Southwest Ontario team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this entry level opportunity is for you.
Working primarily within Black & McDonald’s project team, the Construction Project Coordinator is responsible for focused on supporting the project management, safety & quality assurance activities, document creation & management, change order preparation, vendor coordination and scheduling.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure sold projects are delivered & executed safely, to quality standards and in a timely manner while keeping within scope and budget
- Schedule & coordinate project work, required resources, internally (peers, operations, manpower, field technicians, etc.) & externally (clients, suppliers, sub-contractors, consultants, authorities, etc.)
- Assist with/perform requisition of purchase orders, invoicing, insurance certificates, prepare notice of project, form1000’s, other authority requirements (e.g. ESA, TSSA, MoL), etc.
- Assemble safety boards, assist with safety plans & monitoring of related activity
- Preparation & management of related documentation – sales, execution schedules, project close-out (technical, financial/admin), equipment list updates, drawings/layouts, etc.
- Review & approve vendor & supplier invoices for accuracy and timely payment approvals
- Photo documentation & management
- Help manage and update customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Help prepare estimates and client facing documents
- Analyse available information & data to help prepare client partnership & improvement strategies – help identify gaps & opportunities (client reviews)
- Assemble & prepare power point presentations
- Create & update drawings to assist with client asset management, as-built records and project sales
- Assist with asset management, labeling, planning
- Attend client/project sites as required to execute work, support sales or client initiatives
- Attend regular safety meetings
- Post-secondary education in the following or similar fields:
- Construction & project management
- Technical trads – HVAC/R, Electrician, Plumber, etc.
- Or similar related work experience (~2 years)
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Project coordination experience in related field an asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Proficient knowledge & understanding of organization & time management – ability to manage several projects and activities concurrently often with tight timelines
- General knowledge of the built environment (building/facility/process) mechanical, heating, cooling, plumbing, electrical, energy systems including related standards & good practice
- Valid G drivers license
- Proficient user of Microsoft suite software (e.g. Word, Excel, Power point)
- AutoCAD experience
- MS Project experience an asset
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.