ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Southern Ontario Utilities team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The QA/QC Coordinator is located in Scarborough and typically reports directly to the Operations Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring accurate and timely quality management on the project. They will guide the project team and provide quality-related support to the operation to ensure quality standards are upheld. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all QA and QC activities are understood and implemented according to company and client standards.
- Educate and provide recommendations to the project team with regards to project quality management improvements.
- Continuously monitor construction activities for deviations from specification and ensure deviations are addressed appropriately.
- Communicate and coordinate with project management team to ensure all customer concerns regarding quality are addressed efficiently and effectively.
- Gather information pertaining to any quality-related construction concerns in order to identify issues, consult, problem-solve, and provide solutions for issues and implement best course of action.
- Drive continuous improvement and zero defects through quality plans and processes.
- Write and maintain various formal quality management documents such as manuals, policies, procedures, plans, checklists and records appropriate to existing and emerging regulator, client and internal needs.
- Minimize deficiencies and reworks through setting clearly defined quality targets.
- Comply with customer's quality management system and ISO9001 Quality Management Systems.
- Familiar with the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario’s QA/QC requirements that are outlined in their Construction Specifications and in their project specific Contract Documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Degree or Diploma in
- Project Management
- Construction Engineering Technology
- Construction Management
- Electrical Engineering
The following certifications/designations are considered an asset
- PMP designation
- Gold Seal Certification
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 2 - 5 years' experience in the construction field of QA/QC.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills, with commitment to excellence and high quality work.
- Knowledge and experience with site safety procedures, including electrical safety standards.
- Proven experience with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Project, Excel).
- Familiarity with industry standard tools necessary to carry out QA and inspection work.
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.