People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Black & McDonald is actively seeking a Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) Advisor In Winnipeg, Manitoba. The successful candidate will evaluate and monitor HSE hazards and recommend control measures in the workplace. They are responsible to oversee assigned workplace(s) to ensure compliance with company, client, and government policies, procedures, acts and regulations. The HSE Advisor/Trainer will ensure proper application and use of Black & McDonald’s Safety Management System. This position will demonstrate leadership in order to drive safety as a core value.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide HSE leadership, guidance, and support to assigned workplace(s)
- Assist and support their Provincial HSE Manager in the development and implementation of corporate policies and procedures, in accordance with Black & McDonald and regulatory requirements
- Conduct inspections of job sites, facilities, and equipment for compliance with general and specific safety standards
- Follow-up on any non-compliance issues and take appropriate action to remedy
- Conduct incident investigations, audits of subcontractor safety management systems, loss control programs, and non-compliance issues, prepare reports and recommend changes as necessary
- Support the maintenance of the Certificate of Recognition Program (COR), for the Southern Ontario Mechanical and Electrical Region
- Share feedback, observations and reporting details related to regional HSE achievements and opportunities with regional managers and people leaders
- Oversee and participate in incident investigation and reviews
- Support modified duty programs
- Ensure project safety plans are in place and aligned with local regulatory, regional, divisional and corporate requirements
- Participate in regional planning
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and practices regarding health, safety and environment
- Facilitate HSE training programs
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
Education & Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or college diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or Environmental Studies is preferred.
- 5+ years of related work experience within the construction industry, preferably in Electrical/Mechanical
- NCSO - National Construction Safety Officer is preferred.
- Certified Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or Certified Health and Safety Consultant (CHSC) is an asset
- Trained and able to train others in Working at Heights, First-Aid/CPR, Confined Space, Asbestos Awareness, and Elevated Work Platform, is an asset
- Working knowledge of provincial, and municipal HSE regulations and programs
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite applications
- Availability to travel if required
If this is an internal candidate, please advise your supervisor prior to applying.
For a complete listing of all available Black & McDonald career opportunities visit http://www.blackandmcdonald.com.