ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Power Generation team is growing! The Quality Assurance Representative position is located at our office located in Tiverton, Ontario and typically reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager.
The Quality Assurance Representative is responsible for the implementation of the Quality Program, direction and supervision of QC Inspectors, correctness of work sign-off activities, liaison with Authorized Inspection Agency and verification of control of non-conforming items, establishing Inspection & Test Plans, (unless provided by the client),coordination with Project Coordinator for project QC activities, including interfacing with outside organizations and subcontractors. Responsible for ensuring the highest degree of employee, plant safety and quality standards are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Located on the designated work site and as such is a key member of the Site Construction Team (SCT).
- Reports functionally to the Quality Assurance Manager, Bruce Power.
- Responsible to monitor all aspects of the Work to ensure line management is meeting the Quality requirements as required by the applicable standards, codes, work packages, Black & McDonald quality program and the OPG quality program when applicable.
- Ensures compliance with FME program and / or OPG requirements when applicable
- Is the quality conscience for the SCT
- Liaison with Regulatory Authorities.
- Correctness of Work Sign-off activities.
- Implementation of the Quality Management System and Programs.
- Establishing Inspection and Test Plan(s) unless provided by client.
- Coordination with Project Coordinator for Project QC activities, including interfaces with outside organizations (subcontractors).
- Preparation of the Manufacturer’s Data Reports.
- Supervision of QC Inspectors.
- Communicates Effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Holds Self and Others Accountable (proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload)
- Problem Solving and Innovation (Strong analytical and critical thinking skills)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment)
- Minimum of 2 years college or university in a technical related discipline or;
- Minimum of 10 years construction trades experience and;
- Minimum 3 years Quality Assurance experience
- Quality Control experience
- Inspector Certification considered an asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Computer Literacy; MS Office and Outlook
- Effective English communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- A Client Security Clearance will be required