ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Southern Ontario Service team is growing! If you are a committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
Reporting to the Service Operations Manager, the Operations Supervisor – HVAC/R is responsible to lead and grow a team of professional HVAC/R service technicians. This position is also required to support the technical requirements of the service division and develop business opportunities through estimates, procurement and job coordination. In addition, they will develop and strengthen client relationships while ensuring superior service quality, and that all jobs are completed on-time and on-budget in accordance with client specifications. This position will adhere to and enforce all company health, safety, and environment policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and supervise technicians to ensure all work is completed in accordance to client and company specifications.
- Monitor and report on work in progress, workload versus staff requirements, and ensuring jobs and maintenance are completed on time
- Utilize and communicate with Service Coordinators to organize daily work of Service Technicians
- Provide support for the completion and submission of field technician recommendations
- Oversee and ensure all necessary paperwork (i.e. Service Reports, Safety logs) are complete and submitted regularly and on time.
- Conduct regular site inspections for Quality Assurance (i.e. workmanship and in accordance with regulations)
- Maintain ongoing relationships with clients and follow up on any related issues and assist with resolutions
- Support other trades in Service Division to deliver a consistent and complete response to B&M clientele requirements
- Coach and mentor field staff and development of apprentices
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Train and/or arrange for training of workers
- Tool management
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are enforced and strictly adhered to
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 313A or equivalent Red Seal certification.
- Post-secondary education in a related field (Experience in the construction or mechanical service industry may substitute for post-secondary education requirements)
- 10+ Years in the mechanical service industry
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- A collaborative and an entrepreneurial approach with clients, vendors and internal departments
- Effective leadership skills with a strong focus on facility and business processes
- Technical computer skills and the ability to meet reporting requirements
- Excellent Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to clear Reliability Status Security Clearance will be a requirement of this position
- Ability to be assertive while maintaining diplomacy and political awareness
Due to many mandatory vaccination requirements at client projects / facilities, in order to provide substantial employment by ensuring compliance with our clients mandates, the successful candidate will be required to validate full vaccination prior to hire.
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.