BUILD YOUR CAREER AT BLACK & MCDONALD
Reporting to the Quality Control Manager, the QA/QC Inspector is responsible for utilizing their technical expertise to guide the Region through the deployment of quality systems and continual certification processes while remaining adherent to the Black & McDonald Limited Code of Business. Duties include using acute analytical abilities to monitor the quality control program and keep all pertinent parties up-to-date with the QC performance.
The QA/QC Inspector should also be an active member of the Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB), ensuring all on-site quality systems, processes and documentation are consistently employed within compliance regulations outlined in the Black & McDonald Limited Corporate Policy. In addition, organizational skills are required for timely verification and documentation of inspection and test results as outlined in the Inspection and Tests plans.
- QA/QC inspector duties will be carried out at Saskatoon fabrication shop and Industrial field work sites as required.
- Develop, implement, and assist with all aspects of quality assurance within the Region as per CWB, AWS and ASME B3.1.1 & B31.3.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department.
- Identify and control the nonconforming items and verification of control of nonconforming items.
- Interface with outside organizations and subcontractors.
- Responsible for meeting the obligations of contract and Client satisfactions with respect to quality assurance.
- Ensure site actions are in compliance both procedurally and in spirit, with government, client and company occupational health and safety requirement.
- Develops and monitors, in conjunction with Operations, the execution of project quality plans and documents, including compliance by subcontractors.
- Liaise with Authorized Inspection Agency and verification of control of non-conforming items.
- Ensure material & special calibrated tools receipt inspections are effectively carried out.
- Responsible for investigation, evaluation, trending, and appropriate corrective action for customer quality related situations.
- Active registration with the Canadian Welding Bureau as a Welding Inspector with CSA Standard W178.2-01
- Good communication skills
- Strong understanding of welding symbols and weld faults
- Excellent knowledge of CSA W47.1 W59 and Various ASME Codes
- Hold a valid CWB W59 Inspector Level 1 or higher endorsement.
Key Result Areas
- Health, Safety, and Environment
- Planned Growth and Profitability
- Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty
- Continuous Improvement Culture
- Employee Satisfaction and Loyalty
- Community Responsibility
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If you are an existing Black & McDonald employee, please notify your supervisor of your interest and intent to apply before applying.