BUILD YOUR CAREER AT BLACK & MCDONALD
With a solid foundation, anything is possible. Building something from nothing is in your blood, and it’s in ours too. It’s why we choose to do meaningful work that transforms the world we live in. Like you, we can’t wait to get our hands on exciting, diverse projects that make a difference in our communities. We’re constantly growing (it’s kind of our thing) and we depend on every member of our talented teams to get us even further. You can depend on steady, long-term access to high-quality projects across Canada, the U.S. and beyond. At Black & McDonald, we strive to provide our people with endless opportunities to learn, grow and leave their mark on an exciting industry.
ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Power Generation team is growing! The QA Document Control Administrator position is located at our office located in Tiverton, Ontario and reports directly to the QA Manager.
This QA Document Control Administrator reports directly to the Bruce Power Division QA Manager for Region, and will be working within the Quality Department. The position involves working on a full-range of QA Document Control and Administrative tasks as it relates to Nuclear, EPC and Refurbishment projects in the region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports functionally to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Assist the QA Manager on any QA coordination activities as necessary
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships and dealing tactfully with external and internal Customers
- Document control activities at shop and field sites.
- Document Control for Major Projects (logging transmittals, confirmation of documents)
- Maintain a system for the control, classification, retention and disposition of Quality Records as required by the Quality Management System
- Maintain Quality records including controlling management system documents
- Ensure quality documentation and records are organized for quality program audits.
- Assisting Project Coordinators with project specific tasks (drawings, packages, transmittals, etc.)
- Clerical support onsite for Quality team or operations as required
- Maintain Qualification Records for Inspection & Test Personnel
- Generating/maintaining process charts using Visio program
- Archiving history dockets and file storage (Iron Mountain)
- Assist with Security Clearance process and onboarding new hires during peak times
- Assisting new hires with overall setup - communicating with IT in setting up computers, email, work stations and ID’s
- General administrative duties required; emails, typing, faxing, copying etc.
- Communicates effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Holds self and Others Accountable (proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload)
- Problem Solving and Innovation (Strong analytical and critical thinking skills)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment)
- Completion of secondary school
- Completion of a college program in related field is required
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in quality, project administration or related field
- A Nuclear Security Clearance must be achieved for employment on site
- JD Edwards software experience is an asset
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Shall be a competent person as defined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Analytical with strong problem solving skills
- Effective communication, presentation and written skills
- Knowledge of applicable laws, government regulation and documentation requirements to the role
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to change
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Computer Literacy; MS Word, Outlook, Visio and Excel
- A Security Clearance will be required