ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Power Generation team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Project Scheduler develops co-ordinates and monitors the current resource loaded schedule against the approved baseline. Review’s variances, change orders and revise schedule for a recovery plan. The Project scheduler adheres to the client’s list of deliverables and milestones. They will be responsible for a number of projects within their portfolio.
- Develop new EPC & non EPCC project schedules (engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning) in unification with Tier One Subcontractors
- Maintain on-going project schedules by interfacing with Project Managers/Engineers & Tier One Subcontractors to secure progress information;
- Generate project schedules and associated resource forecasts;
- Perform resource-leveling to ensure constant resource utilization;
- Participate in meeting (as and when required) with Project Managers, Client & Subcontractors;
- Maintain written notes and records which support project updates, also transfer the same to project notebook;
- Provide information for preparation of meeting material;
- Work within the standard planning/scheduling procedures. Ensure that these procedures fulfill the requirements and develop additional project specific procedures where necessary;
- Prepare activity plans with the project team, to only accomplish the (PEP);
- Assist the project control team to establish a project performance index.
- To plan, in conjunction with the Division Manager / Project Manager to assist in the execution of projects in accordance with Corporate Policy.
- To provide technical and administrative support to the projects operations with emphasis on reporting, planning and monitoring progress, estimating and scheduling, and dealing with project change.
- Compile list of deliverables and key milestones.
- Estimate and quantity of materials and labour required for project sites
- Consult with supervisor to schedule work sites in a cost and time-efficient manner
- Meet regularly with supervisors to co-ordinate activities at project sites
- Prepare and maintain various reports on the progress of work and materials used.
- Provide support to cost control, document control and change order control
- Provide advice for the purchase of materials
- Work with Project Management team, Planners and Estimators in development of project plans (costs, schedule, risk, scope and change management plans)
- Work with Project Management team in development projects internal controls processes and procedures
- Track and evaluate cost and schedule trends and variances and adjust forecasts as required
- Manage and maintain project risk register
- Conduct analysis and prepare progress reports on cost, schedule and risk
- Support project close-out reporting and documentation activities as required
- Produce and track weekly reports of look ahead schedules, productivity report and SPI/CPI
- Produce and track monthly reports of job invoicing, WIP reports, Project Forecast
- Produce and track quarterly reports of billing forecast and progress updates
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Bachelors’ Degree, Diploma, Designation or related
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 4-6 years of project controls experience on EPC projects in a scheduling function
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Experience on projects with medium risk and complexity
- Proven understanding of project management, engineering and construction processes
- Experience in cost and schedule development and monitoring practices and procedures
- Experience in relevant project controls software
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and analytical skills
- Good working knowledge of Oracle Primavera P6; version 6.2 and higher.
- Initiative, motivated & self-driven to get the job done;
- Excellent knowledge of software planning tools, MS Visio, Excel & Access
- Knowledge of project management system interfaces, i.e. Planning Tool (MS Project with In Control, JD Edwards, etc.) in order to generate and develop project management reporting requirements, capable of controlling and monitoring project progress and expectations from start to finish;
- High level organizational and planning skills;
- A good understanding of inter-relationship between planning/scheduling and cost management