ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Southern Ontario Utilities team is seeking a full-time permanent Senior Project Coordinator! If you are an independent, enthusiastic, and driven professional searching for an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The position is located in Scarborough and reports directly to the Project Manager.
Senior Project Coordinators assist with overall project performance and status from start to finish and in accordance with schedule, specifications and budget. They manage cost, schedule, safety, and quality, keeping the Project Manager well-informed of progress, discrepancies, questions, and any impacts on project plan and schedule.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with all stakeholders including Black & McDonald team members, clients, consultants, joint venture partners, trades, subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, and the community while keeping them informed of relevant information
- Assist the project team to ensure project objectives, schedule, budget, cash flow, policies, procedures, and performance standards are met in accordance with company policy and contract specifications
- Assist in planning and preparing schedules and milestones, and monitor progress against established timelines
- Comply and ensure work is performed in compliance with applicable HSE legislation and company policies and procedures, contract requirements, and Black & McDonald policies and procedures
- Coordinate with the project team to plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones
- Execute project(s) on time, within budget, and in accordance with corporate policy
- Assist in preparing contracts,negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Assist in budget analysis, cost and margin projections, estimate project changes and impacts
- Maintain departmental and network databases as required to ensure records are kept current and accurate
- Track, interpret, analyze, and report on project data
- Participate in document control, archive project activities, deliverables, tools and findings for use in future projects.
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Coaches and Develops
- Maximizes Business Performance and Team Effectiveness
- Strategic Perspective
Bachelor’s Degree in
The following certifications/designations are considered an asset
- PMP designation
- Gold Seal Certification
- Construction safety certifications
- Member of Pile Driving Contractor Association
- Fresh Concrete Testing CCIL Certification
- Working at Heights
- Standard First Aid & CPR/AED Level C
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 8-10 years of Project Coordination/Management experience in the Civil Utilities industry
- Experience in Southern Ontario Utilities projects
- Scheduling on MTO/GTA Regional projects
- Geotechnical testing on concrete, soils, asphalt, subgrade inspections and pile driving
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Intermediate knowledge and understanding of:
- Geotechnical testing abilities, strong knowledge of grading, concrete, and drilling
- Construction scheduling, planning, and execution
- Technical inspections applying CSA and OPSS standards
- Blue print reading
- Financial statements – read and comprehend
- Applicable local and provincial labour codes
- Managing / leading union and nonunion staff
- Business operations processes
- Organization and time management
Advanced user of:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)
- JD Edwards or an Oracle-based ERP system
- Willing and able to travel within Ontario
- License requirements Non Graduated G License.
- This position is eligible for participation in our Health and Dental Plan.
- This position is eligible to participate in the company pension plan.
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.